Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Dudeism 101: The metaphors of The Big Lebowski


In case you haven't already read, I'm a big fan of The Big Lebowski. Along with considering myself an Achiever, I'm also an ordained Dudeist Priest and humble practitioner of Dudeism in my spare time. The above video piques my interest, not only as an Achiever and a Dudeist, but as a feminist - see #'s 13 & 14 if you're a Maude fan.

My commentary on Dudeism previously published at PJLifestyle:

How to Become an Official Dude in 10 Easy Steps
10 Lessons on Abiding in Everyday Life I've Learned from The Dude

1 comment:

  1. Do you think that describing people as "these migrants, in the process of living their "woe is me" refugee lifestyle is anything other than, shall we say, less than humanitarian. Did you think you were being clever or witty? Are you such a wordsmith that it means something to you other than a way to describe a group of people as pieces of trash. "Woe is me" refugee lifestyle. That's really really good responsible writing. When I imagine the people who would agree with that I don't like what I see. Nice work. The graveyard thing, not cool. I'm not ok with that stuff but I think what you said was wrong and I think you should apologize. G.

    ReplyDelete